Government Relations Committee
Assures ESLA representation with each of the four townships and village of ER. A member is designated as a liaison with a township where they live. That person attends township meetings if ESLA concerns are on agendas and represents ESLA positions to local officials. Working with other committees, GR establishes a unified agenda to pursue across government units. Similarly, members should develop relationships with county/state officials. A committee member is a liaison for each or a combination of the three counties’ sheriffs, erosion control officers, and state/regional EGLE/DNR officials. The GR committee also monitors residential and commercial development issues that may have adverse impacts on ESLA waters.
- Steve Francis, Chair: Elk Rapids Village/Township
- Linda Slopsema: Grand Traverse County/Whitewater Township
- Mary Beth Kazanski: Kalkaska County/Clearwater Township
- Bob Kingon: Antrim County/Milton Township
- Pat Pierce: Marine Patrols.