No Wake sign on all ESLA waterways means that watercraft must maintain a 100-foot distance from the shoreline, docks, swimmers, swimming areas, fishing boats, sailboats, or moored vessels. Other rules that apply to watercraft:
- A person must be 12 years old to operate a jet ski or motorboat. Persons 12 to 16 years old must have direct adult supervision while running a jet ski or carry a boating safety certificate.
- The owner or person in charge of a watercraft is personally liable for illegal use.
- PWC may not be operated between one hour before sunset and 8:00 AM..
- Sailboats and other non-motorized watercraft always have the right of way over motorboats.
- Circular boat operation, such as waterskiing, must be in a counter-clockwise fashion insofar as it is reasonably possible.
- Boats and PWC towing waterskiers must carry a second person or “spotter” in addition to the driver, and be equipped with a rear view mirror.